Thank you for your interest in Miami Dade College's Home School Dual Enrollment Program. Prior to competing the 6 steps listed below, all home school students must be enrolled in the Florida Home Education Program.
For more information, please contact:
Miami-Dade County Public Schools - Homeschool Department
489 East Dr. Miami Springs, FL 33166
Step 1: Apply for Admission
- Secondary School Student must apply for Dual Enrollment Admission at MDC.
- Once Admissions Application for Dual Enrollment has been processed - students will receive an assigned MDC ID Number
- Activate your student account
Step 2: Submit the Home School Dual Enrollment and Test Referral Form
- Be sure to upload a scanned copy of the Florida Home Education Enrollment Verification Letter to the Home School Dual Enrollment and Test Referral Form.
Step 3: Provide College Placement Scores
- You must provide your SAT or ACT test scores.
- If you don't have scores from either of these tests, you would need to arrange to take the PERT or ACCUPLACER placement at MDC.
Step 4: Complete the Home School Dual Enrollment Program Packet
Upon completion of the student's test administration and the subsequent score verification process, the student will be e-mailed a Home School Dual Enrollment Packet via MDC's Adobe Sign Platform that must be completed and electronically signed. View this simple tutorial on how to use Adobe Sign.
- The Home School Dual Enrollment Packet consists of the:
- The Home School Articulation Agreement
- The Home School Dual Enrollment Program Form
- For the Dual Enrollment Program Form, students are responsible for completing sections I and III as well as signing in section II.
- For section III, Students can search for classes
Step 5: Registration
- Once the Home School Dual Enrollment Program Packet is returned to MDC, our MDC Dual Enrollment Coordinator's will process and register the student based on the courses that the student selected.
- MDC Dual Enrollment Coordinator will send the student an e-mail confirming enrollment.