Department of Music, Theater and Dance
- Associates of Music (classical music) from National School of the Arts
- Associates of Arts from Miami Dade Community College
- Bachelor of Music from University of Miami
- Master of Music from University of Miami
After graduating with an Associate in Arts degree, Felix Gomez pursued his studies at the University of Miami, where he graduated with honors acquiring the degree of Bachelor of Music in 2006 and thereafter, a Masters of Music in 2008. While he was a student at the University of Miami, he won several awards including, The National Dean’s List. Felix also participated in the North Texas Jazz Festival, 2005 as a member of the University of Miami Sextet, where he was acknowledged as a Double Award Winner for Best Soloist and Best Composition. In addition, he was nominated as a member of the University of Miami Jazz Concert Band (CJB) for College Band Outstanding Performance in the Down Beat Student Music Award, 2006.
Moreover, in the professional music business of music pop and Latin pop, he had worked with numerous and famous artists from different regions of North America, Latin America and Europe. Some of these artists include names such as are Gloria Gaynor, Julio Iglesias, Camilo Sesto, Angela Carrasco, Nelson Ned, Maggie Carles, Maria Marta Serralima, Basilio, Maria Rivas and Meme Solis.
In the Jazz world, he had the opportunity and pleasure to work with artists of such high acclaim as saxophonist Ed Calle, flutist Nestor Torres, violinist Federico Britos, saxophonist Carlos Averhoff, drummer Duffy Jackson, saxophonist Paquito D’ Rivera, saxophonist Ira Sullivan, guitarist Simon Salz, percussionist Sammy Figueroa, flutist Dave Valentin, and trumpeter Arturo Sandoval, among others.
- College Band Outstanding Performance
- Downbeat Student Music Awards, 2006
- Best Soloist and Best Composition, North Texas Jazz Festival, 2005
- Outstanding Service to Jazz Education, IAJE, 1992
- Piano Honor Award, 1977
- National Piano Contest Award, 1975
- University of Miami Pi Kappa Lambda, March 2008
- Best Soloist and Best Composition
- North Texas Jazz Festival, 2005
- Golden Key International Honor Society, 2005
- The National Dean’s List, 2004-2005
- Phi Theta Kappa Society, Miami Dade Community College, 2003
- Applied Jazz Piano Lessons (MVJ)
- Latin Jazz Ensembles (MUN 1710)
- Jazz Improvisation
- Jazz Arranging