Department of Music, Theater and Dance
- Bachelor of Music (Jazz Studies) from University of North Texas
- Master of Music (Jazz Performance) from the University of Miami
Originally from New Jersey, 8- and 6-string guitarist Tom Lippincott grew up in Tulsa, Oklahoma, but has made South Florida his home since 1988. He has a Bachelor's in jazz studies from the University of North Texas as well as a Master's in jazz performance from the University of Miami.
Tom currently teaches jazz guitar at Florida International University, Broward College, and both jazz improvisation and jazz guitar at Miami/Dade College. He also directs the jazz guitar ensemble at both MDC and FIU. Outside of the school setting, Tom teaches privately, both in person and via Skype, and has video lessons available from the online teaching website Mike’s Master Classes.
As a performer, Tom has played throughout the world as a solo guitarist and in many different group configurations. He's had the opportunity to perform and/or record with such jazz luminaries as Ed Schuller, Don Friedman, Carlos Averhoff, Gary Campbell, John Stowell, Ben Monder, Jonathan Kreisberg, and Dave Liebman. His album Painting the Slow Train Brown is available online, and he has also contributed to many other projects as a sideman and studio musician.
- Pre-Applied Jazz Guitar Lessons (MVJ1013)
- First Year Applied Jazz Guitar Lessons (MVJ1313)
- Second Year Applied Jazz Guitar Lessons (MVJ2323)
- Jazz Guitar Ensemble (MUN1480)
- Jazz Improvisation 1 (MUT2641)
- Jazz Improvisation 2 (MUT 2642)