Department of Music, Theater and Dance
- Bachelor of Science (Dance Education) from Jacksonville University
- Master of Arts (African Studies) from Florida International University
- Master of Fine Arts (Choreography) from Jacksonville University
Michelle Grant-Murray has trained extensively in the areas of Ballet, Traditional and Contemporary Modern Dance, West African, Afro-Brazilian, Jazz Dance and Dance Composition. She has trained with prominent artist across the world such as Reginald Yates, Jawole Willa Jo Zollar, Katherine Dunham, Donlin Foreman,Nora Chipaumire, Rennie Harris and has studied at the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theatre and the Dance Theatre of Harlem.
As a choreographer, performer, educator, author, and social activist, she has presented work in Europe, South America, Asia, the Caribbean and the United States. Currently she is the Artistic Director of Olujimi Dance Theatre, the Miami Dade College Jubilation Dance Ensemble, and the Coordinator of Dance at Miami Dade College Kendall Campus. Michelle is also the author of Beyond the Surface: American Dance History.
- Ballet 1 (DAA 1204)
- Ballet 2 (DAA 2202)
- Dance Composition and Improvisation I (DAA 2610)
- Dance Composition and Improvisation II (DAA 2611)
- Modern Dance I (DAA 1100)
- Modern Dance II (DAA
- Dance History (DAN 2130)
- Dance Appreciation (DAN 2100)
- Intermediate Modern Dance (DAA 1101)