Campus Academic and Student Support Council (CASSC)
Welcome to the Campus Academic and Student Support Council (CASSC) at the Kendall Campus. This council is dedicated to providing a forum for the discussion of curriculum, instruction, student support, and other academic matters. It also provides an opportunity for faculty, administrators, staff, and students to work together to better the institution.
The CASSC is charged with the following responsibilities:
- Formulate and monitor a comprehensive plan for the ongoing evaluation of the academic and student services functions of the College, which will assist in the institutional effectiveness and commitment of MDC.
- Develop and review policies and procedures related to academic issues, including: graduation requirements, assessment requirements, grading policies, and special course fees.
- Develop and review policies and procedures related to services, including: admissions, registration, financial planning, job placement, student retention, College-wide student aid, advisement, and career planning.
- Formulate plans and ensure coordinated development of new academic, transfer and occupational/vocational programs, both credit and non-credit.
- Review and recommend for approval all proposed curriculum changes, including new courses, new degree and certificate programs, and revisions to existing programs.
- Review and recommend for approval all changes in the Student Flow process, including the transition to information technology systems.
- Review and recommend policies and procedures in compliance with legislative rules.
- Undertake other responsibilities as assigned by the College Executive Committee.
View Kendall CASSC Schedule