Learning Resources - Phase II
Frequently Asked Questions:
Accessing Learning Resources Services Physically & Remotely and Rules of Engagement
Last Updated 9/25/20.
Learning Resources will continue to update the information on this page during the coronavirus/COVID-19 situation. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
Learning Resources will enter Phase II of the College’s recovery plan effective Monday, September 28, 2020. MDC labs and libraries will continue to provide remote services alongside some limited onsite services.
The following remote Learning Resources hours are currently in place:
- Monday through Thursday
7:30 am to 9:00 pm
7:30 am to 5:00 pm
8:00 am to 1:00 pm
Hours of operation will vary by campus to support approved academic programming on campus. For onsite hours of operation, please go to our Hours & Locations page.
- During Phase II, Learning Resources will limit visits to (1) currently registered students, (2) college employees, (3) community visitors on campus for college-related business (e.g. admissions, registration, & financial aid).
- All students, faculty, staff, and administrators who wish to use Learning Resources facilities for the purposes of requesting services and/or accessing resources will need to make an appointment online, by telephone, or in person. Appointments are available for 50 minutes with 10-minute intervals for sanitation. All students are encouraged to wipe down the station before and after each use. Appointments may be scheduled online at https://mdc.mywconline.net.
Entry Protocol & Safety Guidelines
- All students, faculty, staff, and administrators who have made an appointment will be required to wear a wristband indicating they have gone through a Public Safety checkpoint on campus. In addition, all visitors must wear a face mask or face covering while on campus. Learning Resources reserves the right to ask any visitors to leave or forfeit their appointment if they are not following the guidelines and protocols established by the College, or are posing a health risk to the general public.
Learning Resources will implement and enforce the College’s safety and enhanced cleaning protocols at each of the Learning Resources areas. This will include the reconfiguration of learning and work spaces, the use of personal protective equipment, and deep cleaning of high traffic areas.
- Learning Resources offer limited onsite services to support approved academic programs on campus. Please note that the following services may vary among each campus. Students, faculty, staff, and administrators will have access to:
- Physical books
- Circulation and Information Desks
- Computers and laptops
- Printers, Scanners, and Photocopiers
- Wi-Fi Connection
MDC students, faculty and staff, will be able to return borrowed materials to the libraries starting on Monday, September 28, 2020. Library materials (i.e. books, DVDs, etc.) can be dropped off at campus book drops and/or designated areas. Library materials will be quarantined for 72 hours and removed from borrower’s account right after.
You may check your account online to ensure the removal of returned library materials or visit Learning Resources in person to obtain a return receipt. You will not be charged any fines or fees for returning overdue library materials due to COVID closures.
Starting Monday, September 28, 2020, students who borrowed a college laptop during Phase I (March to September) may return it to any campus Learning Resources area. Please, make sure to return the laptop, charger, and any other peripherals that were loaned to you. These devices will be quarantined for 72 hours and removed from borrower’s account right after.
Reference desk services will continue to take place online via Ask a Librarian.
Tutoring services will continue to take place online via Blackboard Collaborate.
If you need help with your account or logging in to any online library resource, please get in touch with us via Ask a Librarian.
Because of library closings due to the Coronavirus, Interlibrary Loan (ILL) requests are being accepted, but deliveries may be delayed.
Learn more about to borrowing items from another institution by visiting our Inter-campus & InterLibrary Loan page.