Learning Resources - Phase II
Frequently Asked Questions:
Accessing Learning Resources Services Physically & Remotely and Rules of Engagement
Last Updated 7/1/21.
Learning Resources will continue to update the information on this page throughout the year. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
Learning Resources will return to regular hours of operation effective Tuesday, July 6, 2021. MDC labs and libraries will now provide remote and onsite services while maintaining college safety protocols.
Our regular hours of operation for both onsite and remote services are as follows:
- Monday through Thursday
7:30 am to 9:00 pm
7:30 am to 5:00 pm
8:00 am to 1:00 pm
For more information and to contact Learning Resources at your campus, please visit our Hours & Locations page.
- Effective July 6th, and until further notice, Learning Resources will limit visits to (1) currently registered students, (2) college employees, (3) community visitors on campus for college-related business (e.g. admissions, registration, & financial aid).
Entry Protocol & Safety Guidelines
- All students, faculty, staff, and administrators must wear a face mask or face covering while on campus. Learning Resources reserves the right to ask any visitors to leave if they are not following the guidelines and protocols established by the College or are posing a health risk to the general public.
Learning Resources will continue to enforce the College’s safety and enhanced cleaning protocols at each of the Learning Resources areas. This will include the reconfiguration of learning and work spaces, the use of personal protective equipment, and deep cleaning of high traffic areas by Campus Services. Hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes will be readily available throughout the entire area for personal use.
- Learning Resources offers onsite services to support approved academic programs on campus. Services and resources may vary by campus. Students, faculty, staff, and administrators can access:
- Physical library materials
- Reserve materials
- Information and technical assistance
- Computers and laptops
- Printers, scanners, and photocopiers
- Wi-Fi connection
- Librarian assistance
- Tutoring services
MDC students, faculty, and staff may return borrowed materials to the libraries during our standard hours of operation. Library materials (i.e. books, DVDs, etc.) can be dropped off at any campus library, book drops, and/or designated areas across each campus.
Students may return a college laptop to any campus Learning Resources area. Please make sure to return the laptop, charger, and any other peripherals that were loaned to you.
Students can meet with a tutor face-to-face on campus or remotely through Blackboard Collaborate.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) requests are being accepted, but deliveries may be delayed.
Learn more about to borrowing items from another institution by visiting our Intercampus & Interlibrary Loan page.
Library instruction sessions will be conducted remotely using Blackboard Collaborate Ultra and/or Zoom until further notice.
To schedule a library instruction session, please fill out the Request for Library Instruction.