Given the limitation of the facilities and service center training, the Tesla Technician program has a limited enrollment per cohort, with three cohorts planned each academic year.
The following requirements are the minimum requirements to be considered in to the program. Meeting the admissions requirements does not guarantee program acceptance, and note that there is no waiting list.
- High School Diploma or GED, and post-secondary trade education level (or equivalent military service experience) acceptable to Tesla
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Valid driver's license, clean driving record with at least 2 years of driving experience and insurable
- Must be willing to relocate upon successful completion of the program
- Ability to lift 50 – 60 pounds
- Be available to accept employment at a Tesla Service Center within 30 days of graduation from the program for a period no less than 2 years
- Must follow verbal and written instructions with attention to detail
- Be able to work and achieve set goals in a fast-paced team environment
- Must have a "safety first" attitude
- Familiar understanding of the English language
- Basic computer skills, including navigating web browsers and using standard applications like Microsoft Office
- Attend and pass each of the 16-week training sessions with an 80% or higher GPA
- Technical background in automotive, aviation, mechanical or computers will be considered a relevant qualification and is highly recommended
- Permission to work in the United States is mandatory
- Must meet TABE (Tests of Adult Basic Education) minimum requirements by scale score (Reading = 597, Language = 608, Math = 627) or by exemption.