Make Sure your Computer is Ready
The necessary technology tools are an essential piece of being successful in online learning. Consider the following important points as you prepare to be equipped with the right skills and tools to enter into the online learning environment.
Comfort Level with Computers
- Run and utilize basic applications, programs, and/or software on a computer (e.g. word processing programs, internet browsers, email).
- Create, save and manage files on your computer.
- Install required software on your computer.
Internet Access and Skills
- Download the latest version of Mozilla Firefox – the required browser to access all course content.
- Maintain a reliable and stable connection to the Internet to work on course assignments.
- Know how to operate multimedia capabilities on your computer to use speakers, webcam, and adobe flash player.