Review of Learning Objectives
- A task force was appointed to define criteria for multiple college level writing assignments, and to draft a rubric and guidelines.
- Students must successfully complete a minimum of three college level writing assignments
- The five criteria for college level writing used in the Gordon Rule rubric have been identified: thesis, development, organization, language, format
- Samples of a variety of writing assignments show how the criteria in the Gordon Rule Rubric can be embedded in detailed assignment sheets and course syllabi.
- Samples of some writing assignments show what types of assignments normally do not fulfill the Gordon Rule requirements.
- Overall, the use of the rubric and detailed assignment descriptions lead to consistency and uniformity in the standards of students’ college level writing assignments.
Miami Dade College is an equal access/equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, marital status, age, religion, national origin,
disability, veteran´s status, sexual orientation, or genetic information. Contact the Office of Equal Opportunity Programs/ADA Coordinator, at 305.237.2577 for information.