Foundations of Cooperative Learning
Faculty from all campus looking for better ideas to meet the many challenges of motivating today’s college student participated in the Foundations of Cooperative Learning Workshop during the month of February. Susan Hill from Jacksonville Community College presented this instructional approach that brings students together in groups which:
· requires positive interdependence (a sense of sink or swim together),
· individual accountability (each of us has to contribute and learn),
· face-to-face promotive interaction,
· social skills (communication, trust, leadership, decision making, and conflict resolution), and
· group processing (reflecting on how well the team is functioning and how to function even better).
This powerful technique helps all students understand concepts while developing the interpersonal skills needed for succeeding in a diverse society.
Click pictures below for a larger view.