REVEST students may continue their education at MDC by taking vocational courses. The following options are available:
Career Technical Certificate (CTEC) Programs
REVEST offers FREE vocational Programs to eligible students upon completion of VESOL Level 3.
These Programs in high-demand last around a year and will provide students with a combination of education and technical skills required for vocational certification to achieve marketable occupations.
|53010||Medical Coder Biller||999||$3,194.05|
|53003||Phlebotomy Technician **||165||$555.91|
|57006||Private Security Officer||68.2||$374.03|
|Medical Coder Biller||9||9||8||11||11||9|
|Phlebotomy Technician **||8||8||9||10||10||11|
|Private Security Officer||8||8||9||10||10||11|
* Cost shown for information only. Programs free for eligible students.
** No minimal TABE score required for this program. Only requirement is to take the TABE at least once.
- All REVEST students should also meet the “in-state” residency status and obtain the required TABE scores listed above.
- REVEST also offers a TABE Preparation Class (GED) to help you get those scores
Continuing Workforce Education (CWE) Courses
REVEST offers CWE courses to eligible students through the School of Continuing Education & Professional Development of Miami Dade College.
These INDIVIDUAL COURSES available upon completion of VESOL LEVEL 3, are designed to provide skills maintenance and enhancement to those already employed or retraining, and immediate employment opportunities to those unemployed.
The following are the fields covered:
- Windows Introductory Courses
- Microsoft Office Applications Courses
- Computer Accounting Applications
- Web Page Development
- Video Editing
- Computer-Aided Design (CAD)
- Computer Programming
- Computer Repair and Maintenance
- Computer Graphics
- Computer Networking
- Import / Export
- International Marketing
- Management Development
- Selling for Non-Sales Professional
- Becoming a Business Coach
- Marketing on a Shoestring
- Notary Public License
- General Contractor License Exam Prep.
- Real Estate Sales Agent
- Condo/Townhome Assn. Property Management
- Home Inspection
- Real Estate Appraisal
- Construction Project Management
- Mortgage Brokerage and Underwriting
- Insurance/Accredited Claims Adjustor
- Child Care Training
- Human Resource Management
- First AID for Child Care Providers
- CPR For Health Care Providers
- Health Care Risk Management Certification Program
- Medical Collections Specialist
- Massage Therapy Board Exam Review
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Medical Terminology
The TABE Test IS NOT a requirement for these courses.
College Credit Certificate (CCC) Programs
These Programs in high-demand can last around a year. They consist of an organized curriculum of college credit courses offered in a distinct area of study that leads to occupational goals and for which the college awards a certificate.
REVEST covers up to 36 credits of the CCC PROGRAMS listed below:
|66044||Information Technology Support||640||32|
|66046||Microsoft Certified Database Administrator||320||16|
|66048||Oracle Database Administrator||320||16|
|66049||Oracle Database Developer||320||16|
|66050||Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)||320||16|
|69000||Educator Preparation Institute||336||21|
|67014||Infant Toddler Specialization||192||12|
VESOL Level 4 Completion, a TABE score of 8 on Language, Reading and Math and the “in-state” residency status.