To provide educational and support services to asylees, refugees, Cuban/Haitian Entrants, Amerasians and Victims of Trafficking in order to reach their personal, academic and professional goals.
- The REVEST Program offers multiple levels of VESOL classes.
- All Students must take the CASAS test (an English placement test prior to registration to determine instructional level).
- Each VESOL level lasts 8 weeks including a week seminar on Employability Skills.
- Books are distributed FREE to students.
- Each VESOL Level has a Post CASAS at the end of the term.
- Students who have completed level 3 or higher maybe eligible for Vocational Adult Education courses.
- Entry into the Vocational Adult Program requires a TABE test
Students who qualify will receive a free public transportation pass. Passes are delivered monthly. To request the pass, you must fill out a form and attach proof of income, before the 20th of each month, in order to receive the pass for the following month. Passes are not renewed automatically. Only students registered in classes with a minimum frequency of 4 times a week are eligible – no more than two absences per month are allowed. Students whose classes meet 5 times a week, may not have more than 3 absences per month.
Transcriptions / Evaluation Transcriptions
The cost of translation and evaluation of credentials granted abroad will be reimbursed to eligible applicants at 100% of the total cost. Students must submit their application for reimbursement at the REVEST offices.
Participants will be referred to South Florida Workforce Job Service Providers for assistance with employment.
Participants will be referred to local child care centers who will provide free care to those who are eligible.
MDC ID Card
Each MDC student must have a valid ID card. To get an ID card, you must register for classes and have a valid schedule. The instructor of your course in the REVEST Program will give you an official schedule the first day of classes. To obtain an ID card, bring the valid schedule to the Office of Student Life where you will be photographed and verified as a college student.
Garage / Parking
Free parking for MDC students. You must show a valid ID or schedule when accessing parking facilities.
ADA "Americans with Disability ACT"
We offer free assistance to eligible students with disabilities through the ACCESS program at Miami Dade College. You can contact the ACCESS department to make any accommodations for disability.
For more information visit: MDC ACCESS
Rules of Procedure
- Students must notify teachers and counselors of absences.
- Students are responsible for all homework assignments, even if they miss a class.
- Students will be dropped from the class after three consecutive absences without notice.
Students will not be allowed to re-register after dropping a class twice. Exceptions will be considered by the program director on a case-by-case basis.