School of Business and the Internal Revenue Service present the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance
A FREE SERVICE designed to help prepare Individual Income Tax returns for community residents.
The VITA program has been canceled for 2020.
For the latest information and guidance issued by MDC, as well as access to useful resources and past messages, please visit www.mdc.edu/coronavirus.
Items You Need to Bring
- Proof of insurance coverage (form 1095 A or B or C)
- Prior year tax returns
- Proof of identification – Picture ID
- Social Security Cards for you, your spouse and dependents or a Social Security Number verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration or
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter for you, your spouse and dependents
- Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, 1099-Misc from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns if available
- Proof of bank account routing numbers and account numbers for Direct Deposit, such as a blank check
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider's tax identifying number (the provider's Social Security Number or the provider's business Employer Identification Number) if appropriate
- To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.