School of Business and the Internal Revenue Service present the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance
A FREE SERVICE designed to help prepare Individual Income Tax returns for community residents.
The VITA program has been canceled for 2020.
For the latest information and guidance issued by MDC, as well as access to useful resources and past messages, please visit www.mdc.edu/coronavirus.
Items You Need to Bring
- Proof of insurance coverage (form 1095 A or B or C)
- Prior year tax returns
- Must bring photo identification
- To file taxes electronically on a married filing joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms
- Social Security Cards originals for taxpayers, your spouse and dependents
- Birth Dates for primary, secondary and dependents on the tax return
- Current year’s tax package if you received one
- Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- A copy of last year’s Federal and State returns if available
- Bank Routing Numbers and Account Numbers for Direct Deposit (bring blank check)
- Other relevant information about income and expenses
- Total Paid for Day Care
- Day Care providers Identifying number