Each campus will be setting up a generic Outlook inbox. Each individual who receives forms should have access to this generic inbox. It is important to keep in mind that requests will come in for different services, such as reserves, ILL, requests for tutoring and library instruction, etc. Inboxes are shared; every action taken will affect the rest of the individuals receiving online forms at your campus. The following guidelines will help you manage emails under the generic inbox without affecting other individuals at your campus.
- All staff receiving online forms should contact the Network Department (CNS) in order to set up an inbox within Outlook with their respective campus generic e-mail accounts. Please see list by campus below.
- Create a new folder under the campus inbox for your area (ILL, Reserve, etc.) For example, if you are in charge of Inter-Library Loan, you can call the folder ILL. Every time a new request is received for your area, save it to its assigned folder.
- Once a person working within the same area at your campus opens a new e-mail, it will no longer show as a new e-mail in your inbox. It is recommended you regularly check the folder created for your area to ensure that you don’t miss any e-mails.
- Inboxes are shared. Please do not delete e-mail messages from other areas or any that might need to be used by other people within your same area. Only delete emails when you are certain that no one in your area needs to retain the information.
- Recommendation: If more than one individual per campus is in charge of ILL, for example, one person should be assigned to delete emails from the generic inbox or folders belonging to their respective areas after these are no longer needed.