Let Your Military Serve You
As a member of the military, you may be eligible for college credit based on coursework that you have already completed throughout boot camp, basic training, officer training school or other training.
Maps to Credentials
Maps to Credentials is a project created to increase veterans and military service members’ postsecondary attainment by maximizing military training and experience through degree road “maps”. The Maps match military training toward MDC courses in applicable Associate of Science degree and certificate programs. For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MDC also offers college credit for passing CLEP (College-Level Examination Program), or DANTES Subject Standardized Test (DSST) examinations. CLEP and DSST exams can assist current or former service members in achieving their educational goals at MDC. Students can take these exams in order to earn college credit instead of taking a college course. Through the GI Bill, you can be reimbursed for much of the cost of eligible tests, such as the CLEP. Simply schedule your test at an MDC testing center, pay the testing fee, take your test, and request reimbursement from the VA. For more information, visit:
Miami Dade College awards applicable credit for validated military service training, experience, or coursework that is recognized by the American Council on Education (ACE). ACE's Military Guide outlines credit recommendations for formal courses and occupations offered by all branches of the military.
To receive credit, students must submit an official Joint Services Transcript (JST) for evaluation to Miami Dade College, Transcript Processing Services:
Miami Dade College
Attention: Transcript Processing Services
11011 S.W. 104th Street, Room R301
Miami, Florida 33176-3393
Telephone: (305) 237-2701
- Army, Army National Guard, Navy and Marines - Access JST, the military's computerized transcript system that processes official transcripts.
- Air Force training is evaluated as transfer credit from the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) or Air University. To receive credit for this training, students must submit an official transcript from the CCAF.
- To receive credit for Coast Guard training the student should contact the Coast Guard Institute (CGI) to submit an official transcript.
MDC Offers Out-of-State Tuition Waivers for Eligible Active Duty Military, Eligible Veteran’s, Their Spouses and Dependent Children
- Be enrolled at MDC in a degree-seeking program.
- Provide veteran eligibility documents for the veteran, spouse, or dependent child, such as an honorable discharge, DD214, Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE), military orders, or any other relevant, official federal documents.
- Submit a completed out-of-state tuition waiver application with the appropriate documentation prior to the first day of classes for each term for which the out-of-state tuition waiver is sought. Please refer to the MDC Academic Calendar to determine the first day of classes for upcoming terms.
- Submit a completed Veteran & Military Services Out-of-State Tuition Waiver with all required accompanying document to email@example.com.
Please contact the Department of Veteran & Military Services (305-237-2841 or firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance with your Out-of-State tuition waiver.