COLLEGE MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of Miami Dade College is to provide accessible, affordable, high-quality education by keeping the learner's needs at the center of decision making and working in partnership with it's dynamic, multicultural community.
The Support Staff Council are elected representatives, of classified staff employees, at each campus, who are empowered to meet, confer, recommend and advise their respective Campus Presidents and District Vice Provost regarding concerns in practices, procedural matters, and working conditions. The Council works in unison with faculty & administrators to accomplish the college's overall mission.
* Promote communication campus wide
* Participate in Campus Governance
* Encourage professional growth
* Evaluate and make appropriate, recommendations regarding working conditions and relationships
* Promote campus goals and objectives
* Act as a sounding board for classified staff
* Recommend appointment of classified staff to campus and college wide committees with the approval of campus president