Temporary Instructor (Substitute Teacher) Training
Start your day with purpose. Become a substitute teacher!
Miami-Dade County Public Schools has partnered with Kelly Education to recruit and manage temporary Instructors. M-DCPS is no longer accepting applications for Temporary Instructors. Temporary Instructors are encouraged to apply directly with Kelly Education.
Substitute teaching offers meaningful work that directly gives back to our community and makes a positive difference in the lives of students every single day. There are limitless opportunities for passionate people to inspire and educate students. You’ll have the option to work in the schools of your choice and to create a flexible schedule that works around your other life commitments. Kelly Education offers free pre-hire training, paid orientation, ongoing professional development, and more. Applicants must be fluent in English and meet the following minimum requirements.
- Elementary, K8 Centers, & Middle School
18 years of age and a high school diploma
- Senior High School
19 years of age and a high school diploma
Key Kelly Education Benefits in partnership with M-DCPS for Temporary Instructors
- Weekly electronic payroll
- Employee Discounts at local/national retailers as part of Kelly’s Employee Discount Program
- 24/7 easy access to assignments using the phone or internet.
- Employee recognition programs
- Paid hiring orientation
- Freedom to set your schedule
- Your choice of schools and grade levels
- Kelly sponsored ACA health care coverage
- Optional Insurance Plans
MDC SOE offers the following course for Subsitute Teacher Training: EDG2311 While this course is beneficial for aspiring substitute teachers, it can also be used to satisfy AA degree requirements.