Accessing Your Course in Blackboard
- To locate your online course(s) please Log in to Blackboard
- Use your MDC username (ex: jane.doe001) and password to log in
- Click on the 'Courses' link at the upper right-side corner of the screen to view all of your classes
- Click on the course link that appears under 'My Courses' (e.g., ENC1101-2203-0110)
- Begin exploring the content of your course by utilizing the menu bar on the left side of your screen
- Start by reviewing the syllabus and then continue by clicking on the course content
Blackboard Learn: Help and Tutorials
These short on demand video tutorials are targeted just for you, explaining how to be successful in your online learning course environment.
- Blackboard: Intro and Overview
- Using your Course Calendar
- Check your grades
- Using Discussions
- Assignments – Overview
- Submitting an Assignment
- Taking Tests in Blackboard
- Blackboard Ally – Get content in different formats
Help and FAQs for Students
Frequently Asked Questions for students and their experience with Blackboard.
MDC Online Student Orientation
A free, non-credit online orientation for students who are new to online learning, or those who may need a bit of a refresher.
- Grow familiar with Blackboard, MDC's Learning Management System (LMS)
- Acquire the technical skills necessary to succeed in an online course
- Discover more about MDC's processes and academic resources
Important Note: Though this orientation is geared toward fully online classes, this will be an extremely useful resource for students who are transitioning to remote learning.
Blackboard Tools and Apps
- Blackboard Collaborate Ultra is a web conferencing tool built directly into Blackboard
- "Meet" your instructor during office hours or synchronous class sessions.
- Collaborate with your classmates, share screens, files, and other content.
- Interactive tools make for an engaging web-conference experience.
- Collaborate Ultra Student/Participant Help
Ally creates alternative files that are easier to use by all students. Ally works within your online course so it's available right where you need it.
Estudiantes – Como acceder a “Blackboard Collaborate Ultra"