Accessing Your Course in Canvas
- To locate your online course(s) please log in to Canvas.
- Use your MDC username (ex: jane.doe001) and password to log in.
- Click on the 'Dashboard' link at the upper lift-side corner of the screen to view all of your classes.
- Click on the course link that appears under 'Courses' (e.g., ENC1101-2203-0110).
- Begin exploring the content of your course by utilizing the menu bar on the left side of your screen.
- Start by reviewing the syllabus and then continue by clicking on the course content.
Canvas: Help and Tutorials
These short on demand video tutorials are targeted just for you, explaining how to be successful in your online learning course environment.
- Canvas: Intro and Overview
- Using your Course Calendar
- Grades Overview
- Discussions Overview
- Assignments – Overview
- Submitting an Assignment
- Quizzes Overview
Help and FAQs for Students
Frequently Asked Questions for students and their experience with Canvas.
MDC Online Student Orientation
A free, non-credit online orientation for students who are new to online learning, or those who may need a bit of a refresher.
- Grow familiar with Canvas, MDC's Learning Management System (LMS)
- Acquire the technical skills necessary to succeed in an online course
- Discover more about MDC's processes and academic resources
Important Note: Though this orientation is geared toward fully online classes, this will be an extremely useful resource for students who are transitioning to remote learning.