MDC Parking Decals
All vehicles parked on College property must be registered with MDC and have a valid parking decal prominently displayed on the rear bumper, or left rear window. MDC Staff, On-Campus and Hybrid Students will receive an MDC parking decal in the mail. MDC Online and MDC Live students may obtain a temporary (daily) parking pass by visiting their campus Student Life or Public Safety office. Please visit the Parking Decals page for further details and to register your vehicle.
MDC Parking Policies
Vehicles may only be parked in clearly designated legal parking spaces. Areas which are posted with signs or have yellow pavement painting indicating a restriction or prohibition of parking must be observed and complied with. Parking in the roadway, taking more than one parking space, blocking another vehicle or parking on the lawn are all prohibited, except when specifically authorized. Driving or parking on any sidewalks or pedestrian ways is strictly prohibited. Vehicles operated by students and visitors are restricted or prohibited to park in faculty/staff parking lots and or other designated areas.
Parking tickets may be issued throughout the day to those vehicles parked illegally. They are issued by off-duty Police officers working on campus, or by any other law enforcement agency authorized to issue tickets. The Public Safety Department is not responsible for and cannot resolve any disputes between the owner of a ticketed vehicle and law enforcement officials. Parking violation tickets are issued on a regular basis.
Our parking safety is everyone's concern; therefore, we are counting on faculty, students and staff to follow the guidelines, rules and regulations to prevent crime and accidents. Below are some tips to observe for your safety.
- Never leave personal belongings unattended
- Keep your valuables out of sight and reach.
- In order for people not to know where your valuables are, secure them before you park on campus.
- Report any suspicious activity on campus, even if you are not the victim.
- Lock your car and keep your keys in a safe place.
- Report lost or stolen properties immediately. The faster you report, the better the chances to recover them.
- Stay alert and tuned into your surroundings. Be aware who is around and prepared to react accordingly.
- If you are a victim of a crime, please report it immediately to the appropriate Campus Public Safety Department.
These regulations are in effect during ALL HOURS of parking operation, and they apply equally to all STUDENTS, FACULTY, STAFF, and VISITORS.
- MDC Card or validated schedule must be present upon entering any parking facility. The validated schedule will be accepted until the last day of 100% refund. After the deadline, ONLY valid cards will open the gates.
- Visitors or individuals parking at the garage must show a voucher from the proper department before entering the garage.
- All non-visitor vehicles must have a valid MDC parking decal permanently affixed to the exterior of the rear bumper or rear window of the vehicle. Decals available free of charge at the Public Safety Department for faculty and staff; for Students in Student Life Department.
- Overnight parking is prohibited on all campus parking lots, unless you have prior approval. Any unauthorized vehicle left in the facility overnight may be towed at owner's expense.
- Observe the posted speed limit.
- Always observe and obey all directional and stop signage. Drive only in the direction of the posted traffic flow. Do not drive against traffic.
- Handicapped spaces are reserved for vehicles with the proper disabled vehicle permits and are available on every floor. Violators are subjects to municipal parking citations.
- Observe and obey the directions of Public Safety Officer and parking attendants at all times.
- Watch for PEDESTRIAN TRAFFIC when driving through the parking. Pedestrians have the right-of -way.
- Park within marked stalls ONLY.
- Park head-in only; do not back in the space.
- Do not use flashers for temporary parking.
- No double-parking is permitted; please don't block the flow of traffic.
- No Skateboards are permitted on campus facilities.
- Do not attempt to enter through the exits.
- Parking is at the sole risk of staff, faculty, student, and visitor. The College accepts no responsibility for damage, loss, or theft to your vehicles or contents.
Take a minute or two to make sure you locked your vehicle correctly and all property is safely put away. Make sure you have your keys before locking your vehicle.
Please refer to the links below regarding parking rues and regulations that are specific to each campus.