Student Emergency Aid
Miami Dade College provides financial assistance to support student success. When funding is available, funds are provided to meet emergency needs that would otherwise prevent students from continuing their education at the College. The Student Emergency Aid is an educational opportunity in which applicants gain awareness of planning and resources to support their success. Students are not expected to repay this interim financial assistance.
Student emergency aid shall be awarded on the basis of demonstrated need and in accordance with the criteria specified below:
- Demonstration that emergency need would prevent the student from completing courses.
- Student's explanation of circumstances and need for emergency aid.
- Student's enrollment in credit courses for the current semester at MDC.
- Student's completion of FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
- Emergency funding cannot be used for tuition purposes, including books and fees.
- Student Emergency Aid award will not exceed $500.00.
- Approval of Student Emergency Aid is subject to availability of funds.
- Student must complete the Single Stop online self-screening.
Student must complete the application and provide proof of financial hardship with supporting documents.
- Complete the Student Emergency Aid application with an explanation of circumstances that require emergency aid.
- Email the application and supporting documents (i.e. car repair quote, utility, rent) demonstrating the need for aid to your campus contact listed below:
- North campus: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kendall campus: email@example.com
- Wolfson campus: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Medical campus: email@example.com
- Homestead campus: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Padrón campus: email@example.com
- Hialeah campus: firstname.lastname@example.org
- West campus: email@example.com