MDC’s Golden Gala Raises Record $5 Million
Throughout the year, Miami Dade College has been celebrating its 50th anniversary in grand style. From U.S. Congressional Resolution 1571 congratulating MDC for five decades of service to students and the community, to similar resolutions approved by the Florida House and Senate, the praise for the College’s achievements has been effusive and widespread.
With special events on all eight of the College’s campuses and the launching of smART, a unique exhibition and sale of Latin American art to raise scholarship funds, the festivities have been joyful, educational and always focused on one goal: to rejoice in the past half century of accomplishments while paving the way for the College’s next 50 years of success.
This spirit of celebration and the promise of future excellence reached its zenith when more than 1,000 stars aligned for the Golden Gala held in December at MDC’s historic Freedom Tower in downtown Miami. Attracting leaders and luminaries from throughout the community and across the globe, the Gala raised more than $5 million, making it the most successful charitable event in the region’s history.
The festive night of art appreciation, fine dining, opera, live music and dancing raised money for MDC’s American Dream Scholarship Fund.
“To place a value on what Miami Dade College has meant to this community would be impossible,” MDC President Dr. Eduardo J. Padrón said. “But if one event could somehow signify the love and respect for MDC, then this night was surely that moment.”
More Features Articles
- Albright Shares Power of Her Pins
- MDC Further Builds Ties With China
- Betancourt Tells Her Story at MDC
- MDC Improves Stats for Nonmath Majors
- NCAT Gives MDC a Winning Equation
- Three-Tiered Approach is Key to Excellence
- AmeriCorps Helps Students Help Others
- Captivating Minds at an Early Age
- MDC’s Diverse Faculty Shines
- Honors College Students Keep Raising Bar
- MDC Builds Sustainable Future
- Overcoming Language Barriers for Safety, Health
- Pros Offer Insights into Journalism
- Children’s Holiday Delights Thousands