STEM Careers for You!
STEM skills are key to more careers than you might think.
Did you know that science, technology, engineering, or math graduates can find work as healthcare practitioners, teachers, researchers, top-level managers in the private or government sector, and even writers or artists?
STEM careers are concentrated in the following fields:
- Agriculture, Agricultural Operations, and Environmental Sciences
- Computer and Informational Sciences and Support Services
- Engineering and Engineering Technologies
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Physical Sciences and Technologies
Women in STEM Careers
Historically, women have been underrepresented in STEM careers (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics). However, Miami Dade College’s North Campus and the U.S. Department of Education is committed to increasing the number of female students enrolling in and graduating from college level STEM majors.
Many STEM fields have a fairly even mix of men and women, while others have more women than men. For example:
- 37% of Database Administrators are women
- 46% of Biological Scientists are women
- 60% of Accountants and Auditors are women
- 78% of Clinical Laboratory Technologists are women
- 91% of Registered Nurses are women
The majority of STEM Careers require extensive education. Miami Dade College has degree programs available to provide you the proper educational resources necessary to work in these types of high-demand careers.
Take a look at the following web sites to learn more about STEM careers: