Miami Dade College

VITA - Volunteer Income Tax Assistance

School of Business and the Internal Revenue Service presents the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance.

A free service designed to help prepare Individual Income Tax returns for community residents.

Dates and Times

Regular Hours:

February 5th to April 8th

Wednesdays 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Room 3206
* Customers will only be accepted until 3:00 p.m.

Items You Need to Bring

To have your tax return(s) prepared at a VITA or TCE site you need to bring the following information with you:

  • Proof of insurance coverage (form 1095 A or B or C)
  • Prior year tax returns
  • Proof of identification – Picture ID
  • Social Security Cards for you, your spouse and dependents or a Social Security Number verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration or
  • Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter for you, your spouse and dependents
  • Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
  • Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
  • Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, 1099-Misc from all employers
  • Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
  • A copy of last year’s federal and state returns if available
  • Proof of bank account routing numbers and account numbers for Direct Deposit, such as a blank check
  • Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider's tax identifying number (the provider's Social Security Number or the provider's business Employer Identification Number) if appropriate
  • To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.

It is extremely important that each person use the correct Social Security Number. The most accurate information is usually located on your original Social Security card. If you do not have an SSN for you or a dependent, you should complete Form SS-5, Social Security Number Application. This form should be submitted to the nearest Social Security Administration Office.

If you or your dependent is not eligible to get a Social Security Number, you may need an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN).


Eduardo J. Padrón Campus VITA
627 SW 27th Avenue
Miami, FL 33135
Room 3206

Driving Directions to Padrón Campus

Contact Information

VITA Coordinator

Elisa Fernandez
P: (305) 237-6484

Additional Information

  • E-File - Electronic filing available in all locations
  • English and Spanish. Customers will only be accepted until 3:00 p.m.

Assistance is available in English and Spanish.Customers will only be accepted until 3:00 p.m.