Department of Music, Theater and Dance
- Bachelor of Music (Piano Performance) from University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- Master of Music (Piano) from Yale School of Music
- Master of Music (Accompanying) from Arizona State University
- Doctor of Musical Arts (Accompanying) from University of Miami
The career of pianist and collaborative artist Joseph Talleda has included recital appearances, opera productions, choral events, and much more. Over a period of many years, he has enjoyed the diversity of performing with seasoned professionals as well as student musicians at all levels. Among the more notable performers with whom he has shared the stage are violinist Glenn Basham, flutist Robert Billington, and tubist J. Samuel Pilafian. He has also acted as collaborative artist for many student recitals.
Currently, Dr. Talleda is on the adjunct faculty roster at Miami-Dade College. In the 2014-2015 school year, he was actively involved in the musical life of the Kendall Campus of Miami-Dade College as accompanist for its Chamber Singers, Women’s Choir, and Men’s Choir. Also in the 2014-2015 season, Dr. Talleda and Kendall Campus head of keyboard studies K. Wayne Bumpers premiered the piano duet Variations on Amazing Grace by local Afro-American composer James Ford.
In the past, Dr. Talleda has served as pianist for the University of Miami's Collegium Musicum, Recital Chorale, Women’s Chorale and Men’s Chorale. An avid fan of all things vocal, Dr. Talleda is a member of the bass section of Anglican Chorale of Southeast Florida, Miami, Florida and is also a member of the National Association of Teachers of Singing under the category of coach-accompanist.
- Award of Academic Merit, University of Miami, 2003
- Arizona Theatre Award of Excellence (Musical Direction of a Children's Musical), Phoenix, Arizona, 1996
- Pi Kappa Lambda, Arizona State University, 1993
- Phi Kappa Phi, Arizona State University, 1993
- Two-Year Teaching Assistantship in Class and Studio Piano, Arizona State University, 1991
- Ellsworth Grumman Scholarship, Yale School of Music, 1988
- John Wolaver Memorial Scholarship, University of Michigan, 1987
- Campaign for Michigan Scholarship, University of Michigan, 1987
- Concerto Competition Winner, University of Michigan, 1987
- Pi Kappa Lambda Sophomore Citation, University of Michigan, 1986
- Michigan Achievement Award, University of Michigan, 1984
- Music Appreciation (MUL 1010)
- Fundamentals Music Theory (MUT 1001)
- Fundamental of Music Theory Lab (MUT 1003)
- Class Piano I (MVK 1111)