Here is an opportunity that may change your life!
An American Dream Come True
A college education is crucial to the future of all students, but many wonder how to make it happen. Through the American Dream Scholarship, Miami Dade College can make the dream of higher education a reality.
Through this program, the College covers the in-state portion of tuition for two years of courses (60 college-level credits) for all Miami-Dade high school graduates who qualify. The American Dream Scholarship is a vital safety net that picks up where other aid and scholarships leave off, ensuring that bright, qualified students have the means to continue their education.
How it Works
No separate application is required.
Simply meet the requirements, and you will be awarded an American Dream Scholarship (ADS), which will pay for 60 college-level credits at Miami Dade College. The scholarship covers only in-state tuition and eligible class fees remaining after all other scholarships, financial aid, grants, and Florida Prepaid College Plan funds have been applied. The scholarship pays only tuition and class fees and is not disbursable in cash.
It is not possible to reverse the process if a student uses Florida Prepaid College Plan to pay for tuition and eligible fees.
For students not eligible for in-state tuition, the scholarship covers the in-state tuition portion and eligible class fees if all other requirements are met.
To receive the American Dream Scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
- Currently reside in Miami-Dade County
- Have earned a standard high school diploma, GED, or home school diploma in Miami Dade County during the May-July 2015 period
- Have a cumulative high school weighted GPA of 3.00 or above
- Must meet minimum test scores on approved standardized tests, even if you are DevEd exempted (do not have placement scores for ENC 1101 and/or MAT 1033 or higher). Any combination of the highest available CPT/PERT, ACT and SAT scores are used in determining your readiness (college ready) in the skill area.
- Complete the federal financial aid application (FAFSA), but you do not need to be eligible to receive federal financial aid. Please remember that it may take several days for MDC to receive your information even after you request it. Therefore, please allow enough time for this to occur by the deadline.
- If you are unable to complete a FAFSA application, please click here.
- Register for at least 12 credits for the Fall 2015 term by August 17th, 2015.
- Meet all requirements by August 17th, 2015.
Building Strong Foundations for the Future
In our classrooms, students develop a solid educational foundation and continue to one of our bachelor's degree programs. Our graduates also go on to transfer to the nation's top universities, including Yale, Stanford, and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
We offer over 300 programs, including the following bachelor's degrees:
Doctors, engineers, lawyers, police officers, and executives have had their start at Miami Dade College, where opportunity changes everything.
If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com or 305-237-8888.
The Gift of Opportunity
The American Dream Scholarship has been made possible by the generosity of members of the greater Miami community. In celebrating MDC’s 50th anniversary, the community broke all records for philanthropic giving, creating a new avenue of possibility for students. These benefactors recognized the importance of a college education today, and the quality of education available at Miami Dade College.