Reviewing Your Award Package
You can view your awards and payment status on the student portal. While you're there, you can also access forms and some of the same key information that's on this site. Go to MyMDC.
Options for receiving funds:
- Directly to your BankMobile
- To a bank of your choice
- Mailed as a paper check
Financial Aid Disbursements
The College processes refunds to students two weeks after the 100% refund date of the term. After that date, refunds will be processed on a weekly basis. Because classes start on different dates, the date of your disbursement may vary depending on the 100% refund date of your classes.
What is a credit balance?
An FSA credit balance occurs whenever the school credits FSA program funds to a student’s account and the total amount of those FSA funds exceeds the student’s allowable charges.
Paying credit balances
If FSA disbursements to the student’s account creates an FSA credit balance, the student or parent will be paid that credit balance as soon as possible, but no later than 14 days after:
- The date the balance occurred on the student’s account, if the balance occurred after the rst day of class of a payment period, or
- The first day of classes of the payment period if the credit balance occurred on or before the first day of class of that payment period.
Refunds will be processed through your MDC OneAccount. However, if you paid your fees with a credit card, the refund (if any) will be credited back to the same credit card account.
A credit balance may also be paid to a student by issuing a check "payable to" and requiring the endorsement of the student or parent. A school is considered to have issued the check on the date that it:
- Mails the check to the student or parent; or
- Notifies the student that the check is available for immediate pickup and provides the specific location.
Payment of Fees and Financial Obligations
Term fees and current financial obligations due to the College will be deducted from the financial aid award(s) with the exception of earnings from student employment.