Bon Appétit, Julia!
The late Julia Child shared her passion for food with family, friends, colleagues and fans for more than 40 years. She visited Miami Book Fair International in 1989 to promote The Way to Cook, a monumental work that continued Child’s devotion to introducing French cuisine and culinary technique to the American mainstream audience.
Child was perhaps best known as host of The French Chef, an Emmy and Peabody Award-winning television program that ran nationally for 10 years. She attracted a broad audience with her good humor and distinctively charming warble.
— Katherine Joss
More Features Articles
- Freedom Tower recommended for national designation
- Graduates transfer to nation's top schools
- Program gives minority businesses a boost
- Voters to decide on Amendment 8
- Doctor touched hearts and minds
- MDC gets major presence on the small screen
- Honors students land prestigious League of Cities scholarships