Power Lunch seminar aids MDC's unique paralegal program
MDC has the only ABA-approved paralegal studies program in the United States.
Miami Dade College teamed up with the South Florida Paralegal Association to host a continuing education seminar to raise funds for MDC's Law Center, which is the only American Bar Association-approved paralegal studies program in the U.S. The Back-to-School Power Lunch featured Mark Eiglarsh, criminal attorney and legal analyst; Scott L. Rubin, Florida Registered Paralegal Committee chair; and Adilia Vasquez, Westlaw research specialist. Topics discussed included new legal research methods and the ethics of representing guilty clients.
Funds raised will go to purchasing new law books, research subscriptions and development for the Law Center.
More Academics Articles
- Examining medical fraud
- Nursing professor lauded for helping those in need
- Students learn while serving community
- Lending a hand to health care professionals
- MDC students brighten smiles
- MDC meets demand for air traffic controllers
- MDC/FPL partnership fills need for energy workers
- Center for Service Excellence thrives with partnerships
- Students granted free access to electronic health records
- Student transfers to Emerson College now a breeze
- Putting their knowledge to the test
- Reaching out to the elderly
- Scholarship helps students affected by hurricanes
- Shaping how the world learns English
- MDC, University of Puerto Rico team up on renewable energy work