We Are The Ship
Also housed within the Freedom Tower's expansive gallery space,Kadir Nelson's We Are the Ship drew a notable crowd for its opening night, from local leaders and art lovers to sports fans and famed retired baseball players. Nelson's inspired paintings of Negro League baseball players left patrons in awe of his remarkable technique and enamored with his storytelling and vision of these unsung heroes of early 20th century baseball.
More Cultural Spotlight Articles
- Emerging Artists Thrive at MDC Live!
- Literary Magazines Capture Top Awards
- Ballet Brings Picasso’s Muses to Life
- Fair is Feast for Book Lovers
- Teatro Prometeo Unleashes Acrobatic Feats
- Students Charm Theater Audiences
- Vibrant Art in Motion
- Mix of Emotions
- Film Festival Brings Stars to Miami’s Silver Screens