The Mission of Miami Dade College is to change lives through the opportunity of education.
As democracy’s college, MDC provides high-quality teaching and learning experiences that are accessible and affordable to meet the needs of our diverse students and prepare them to be responsible global citizens and successful lifelong learners. The College embraces its responsibility to serve as an economic, cultural and civic beacon in our community.
The Mission of Medical Campus is to provide students with affordable, accessible, quality education in health care careers. Faculty and staff strive to respond to the changing needs of students, health care providers, and health care consumers in the community at large through collaboration with health care and business communities. The Campus provides an environment that is conducive to learning by recognizing and responding to the diverse learning styles, cultures, and resources of its students.
The Mission of the School of Health Sciences is to provide excellent, affordable, accessible health care education and to promote quality health care services in our community.
The Mission of the Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program is to provide a comprehensive, sequential curriculum in the diagnostic medical sonography and echocardiography fields, built on the foundation of the general education already acquired, in order to develop a Diagnostic Medical Songrapher and Echocardiographer, that is competent in knowledge, skills, and behaviors so that he/she will become an effective member of the health care team. The program seeks to develop graduates who will:
- Demonstrate effective written, oral, and reading communication skills with patients/clients, other health care providers, and the community.
- Adhere to legal, ethical, and professional behaviors while serving as a health care provider.
- Perform a systematic plan for patient/client assessment and/or management of patient/client data.
- Demonstrate the required skills to become a competent health care practitioner.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform current sonography procedures and modalities in General Ultrasound.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform current sonography procedures and modalities in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform current sonography procedures and modalities in Adult Echocardiography.
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret diagnostic ultrasound images in General, OB/GYN, and Adult Echocardiography.
- Demonstrate preparedness for the registry examination in Abdominal, OB/GYN, and Adult Echocardiography, Sonography Principles and Instrumentation exams administered by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
Miami Dade College Learning Outcomes
Miami Dade College has adopted the General Education Outcomes listed below. Upon completion of a program of study at the Medical Campus, graduates from Miami Dade College should emulate these outcomes.
- Communicate effectively using listening, speaking, reading and writing skills.
- Use quantitative analytical skills to evaluate and process numerical data.
- Solve problems using critical and creative thinking and scientific reasoning.
- Formulate strategies to locate, evaluate, and apply information.
- Demonstrate knowledge of diverse cultures, including global and historical perspectives.
- Create strategies that can be used to fulfill personal, civic, and social responsibilities.
- Demonstrate knowledge of ethical thinking and its application to issues in society.
- Use computer and emerging technologies effectively.
- Demonstrate an appreciation for aesthetics and creative activities.
- Describe how natural systems function and recognize the impact of humans on the environment.