To be eligible for admission to Miami Dade College and the Diagnostic Medical Sonography program, you must meet the following criteria:
- You are 18 years old and have earned, or will earn at the time of application to the program, a high school diploma or a high school equivalency diploma (GED).
- If this is your initial enrollment at Miami Dade College or you have not been enrolled at Miami Dade College during the past 12 months, complete the Application Packet available from the Admission Office’s on any of the seven MDC Campuses. Choose the Medical Campus as the "preferred" campus; be sure to enter "23039" under "Program Code."
- Schedule an appointment to take the Computerized Placement Test (CPT) through Testing Services, Room 1303, Medical Campus, 305-237-4275, or through the testing center at any of the other MDC campuses. You must sign up at least one month in advance of taking the test, and you must take the test before the date that program application materials are due. You must have passing scores on the Computerized Placement Test (CPT), or, if you have taken the test but have not passed, then you must have satisfactorily completed the developmental courses prescribed by MDC as a result of your scores. College level course work or equivalent academic testing may exempt students from the CPT test. Contact the Testing Center at any of the Miami Dade College Campuses for further information. If your native language is other than English, you must have completed the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), which can be taken at any MDC campus.
- Complete the Program Application process by submitting an application for Program Admission and pay an application fee of $25.00. Application must be received by May 1st for August entry.
- You are enrolled in or have successfully completed the general education and sciences courses associated with the program.
- Enroll in and successfully complete HSC 0003 – Introduction to Health Care prior to applying to the program.
Where Do I Send My MDC Application Materials?
You may send your MDC application to any admission’s office located on any of the eight campuses of Miami Dade College. Applications for admission may also be filled out on line at http://www.mdc.edu.
You must also send the following:
- application fee (check or money order - no cash)
- official high school transcript and official college transcripts (if available) to the Admissions/Registrar’s Office.
Where Do I Send My Program Application Materials?
Send or drop off your Application for Program Admission, professional documentation, payment receipt for the $25.00 application fee, and an unofficial copy of your college transcript to the address below:
Miami Dade College
New Student Center, Room 1113
950 N.W. 20th Street
Miami, FL 33127