The Mission of Miami Dade College is to change lives through the opportunity of education.
As democracy’s college, MDC provides high-quality teaching and learning experiences that are accessible and affordable to meet the needs of our diverse students and prepare them to be responsible global citizens and successful lifelong learners. The College embraces its responsibility to serve as an economic, cultural and civic beacon in our community.
The Mission of Medical Campus is to provide students with affordable, accessible, quality education in health care careers. Faculty and staff strive to respond to the changing needs of students, health care providers, and health care consumers in the community at large through collaboration with health care and business communities. The Campus provides an environment that is conductive to learning by recognizing and responding to the diverse learning styles, cultures, and resources of its students.
The Mission of the School of Health Sciences is to provide excellent, affordable, accessible health care education and to promote quality health care services in our community.
The Mission of the Veterinary Technology program is to provide the stimulation, encouragement, and counseling conductive to an excellent learning environment for a progressive education in Veterinary Technology. The Veterinary Technology Program seeks to develop graduates who will:
- Understand the basic principles of Veterinary Technology and its disciplines
- Function in entry-level Certified Veterinary Technician positions
- Recognize the importance of the human-animal bond in the provision of veterinary health care
- Exceed the expectations of both employers and the public with regards to the level of care provided to their patients
- Recognize the need for continued learning in order to adapt to the changes and challenges within the profession of Veterinary Technology
- Achieve a passing score on the Veterinary Technician National Exam (VTNE).
Miami Dade College Learning Outcomes
Miami Dade College has adopted the General Education Outcomes listed below. Upon completion of a program of study at the Medical Campus, graduates from Miami Dade College should emulate these outcomes.
- Communicate effectively using listening, speaking, reading and writing skills.
- Use quantitative analytical skills to evaluate and process numerical data.
- Solve problems using critical and creative thinking and scientific reasoning.
- Formulate strategies to locate, evaluate, and apply information.
- Demonstrate knowledge of diverse cultures, including global and historical perspectives.
- Create strategies that can be used to fulfill personal, civic, and social responsibilities.
- Demonstrate knowledge of ethical thinking and its application to issues in society.
- Use computer and emerging technologies effectively.
- Demonstrate an appreciation for aesthetics and creative activities.
- Describe how natural systems function and recognize the impact of humans on the environment.