The College President, reporting to the Board of Trustees, serves as the Chief Executive Officer the College and Chief Administrative Officer of the institution. The College President provides the overall vision and direction for the College, upholding the College’s deep and longstanding commitment to access, diversity, programmatic quality and student success. As such, the ideal candidate must:
- Be a bold leader who is visible, approachable and responsive
- Be an individual with strong track record of ethical behavior and integrity
- Demonstrate a deep commitment to students, particularly first-generation students, low income students and students from traditionally underserved populations
- Demonstrated commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion
- Demonstrate a commitment to the College’s mission to prepare students for ethical leadership, global citizenship and engaged service
- Embrace the mission of the College in preparing students for workforce development, entrepreneurism, and a mindset of innovation
- Have the ability and the desire to understand and integrate into the Miami-Dade community and diverse cultures.
- Demonstrate passion and excitement in delivering a transformational learning experienced centered on student needs
- Demonstrate a deep and abiding commitment to academic freedom that upholds shared governance and consensus-building
- Demonstrate collaborative and transparent leadership
- Demonstrate a proven track record in recruiting, retaining and inspiring talented faculty, staff and administrators and a commitment to the professional development of faculty and staff.
- Possess a proven record of transparent and collaborative approaches to problem solving that invites innovation and multiple perspectives
- Demonstrate an understanding of the current opportunities and challenges faced by state colleges
- Possess the discernment and judgment to assess, modify and develop strategic and effective plans that allow the College to pursue its mission and goals
- Possess the skills and acumen, as demonstrated through past experiences, to develop and execute strategies in a complex organization, including the ability to prioritize and facilitate the allocation of fiscal and human resources effectively and efficiently
- Demonstrate confidence and decisive management skills, including a record of courageous and difficult decisions in situations with competing demands and limited resources
- Demonstrate a high comfort level and the ability to secure financial support from donors, philanthropists, and supporters of Miami Dade College.
- Comfortable and effective with State, Federal and local legislative and budgetary processes.
Eligible candidates must have the following minimum requirements:
- A doctoral degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Minimum of ten (10) years of senior level management experience, with at least six (6) years in an institution of higher learning
- Demonstrated leadership and innovative accomplishments in the area of academic and student service programs and/or administrative, financial, and operational areas