Miami Dade Campus
About Miami Dade


MDC Students learningQ. Does Miami Dade College offer instruction in English as a second language (ESL) to prepare foreign students for academic courses?
A. Yes, MDC has a strong program to develop English proficiency.

Q. If I am living in the United States on a tourist visa is it necessary to return to my home country before enrolling in school?
A. It is often possible to complete a “change of status in U.S.” request to save the time and expense of a trip home. Our office is happy to help with this paperwork.

Q. Will I be eligible to work while attending MDC?
A. International students are eligible for work-study positions on campus. In addition, if your degree requires a practicum, internship or other on the job training you will be able to do those jobs under the terms of your student visas.

Q. Do I need to attend classes fulltime?
A. Yes, you will need to carry at least 12 credit hours per semester to be considered a fulltime student.

Q. Do you have a dormitory or residence hall?
A. No, we have no dormitory, so all MDC students live off campus. Many live with friends or relatives, but those without local contacts often use following website for assistance

Q. May international students transfer to MDC from another school in the United States?
A. Yes, you are free to transfer credits to MDC.

Q. Does MDC issue certificates of eligibility (I-20 forms)?
A. Yes, MDC can supply this document to students who are accepted for a fulltime program and have shown the necessary financial resources to pay for their studies. The I-20 is necessary to obtain a student visa.

Miami Dade College is an equal access/equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, marital status, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or genetic information. Contact the Office of Equal Opportunity Programs/ADA Coordinator, at 305.237.2577 for information.