TRIO logo

TRIO Educational Opportunity Center

TRIO EOC is a federally funded educational program designed to afford the opportunity of a college education to students from families without a legacy of higher education.

Female police officer standing by her vehicle.


An individual is eligible to participate in our program if the individual meets the following requirements:

  • Is a citizen or national of the United States;
  • Is a permanent resident of the United States;
  • Is in the United States for other than a temporary purpose and provides evidence from the Immigration and Naturalization Service of his or her intent to become a permanent resident.
  • Is at least 19 years of age
    • If younger than 19 years of age, we will address this on a case-by-case basis.

TRIO EOC Miami Services

  • Help in completing applications for college admissions, testing, and financial aid.
  • Guidance on secondary school re-entry or entry to a GED program.
  • Career counseling and workshops.
  • Academic advice.
  • College pre-admission counseling.
  • Specialized assistance for veterans, military affiliated members.
  • Information on postsecondary education opportunities and student financial assistance.
  • Information for new migrants on Education system in the United States as well as guidance on credentialing international degrees and work experience.
  • Specialized assistance for homeless or foster youth.
  • Education or counseling services designed to improve the financial and economic literacy of students.

Documents to Bring at the First Appointment

  • Social security number.
  • Driver's license if applicable, or Florida ID.
  • Last two years of Federal Income Tax Returns. Signed. (And spouse's, if married).
  • Birth certificate. Citizenship card. Alien Registration card (if you are not a U.S. Citizen). An I-94 from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security showing immigrant status.
  • If applicable:
    • If renewing your FAFSA application, your FSA ID.
    • High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
    • The last two years of untaxed income records: Social Security Benefit, Temporary Assistance, Welfare, or Veterans Benefits records.
    • Most current Bank statements.