- Must be at least 17 years old with parental/guardian consent.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, or lawful permanent resident.
- Completion of subject courses with a grade of “B” or higher or pass a competency test.
- Must demonstrate leadership skills, take initiative and work well in team setting.
- Must commit to completing 900 hours of service beginning in January and ending in December.
- Must pass a national ciminal history background check, an FBI background check and a local background check,. Must also be cleared through the national Sex Offender database (www.nsopw.gov). Entering into service is contingent on passing these background checks.