Department of Music, Theater and Dance
Matthew Davis Glass
- Associates of Arts from Miami Dade College
- Bachelor of Fine Arts from New World School of the Arts/Florida International
- Master of Fine Arts (Acting) from Florida Atlantic University
Matthew Glass is the artistic director of Michael Chekhov Society of Florida: A Laboratory for Training and Production. He last seen performing Something Something Uber Alles at The Alliance Theatre Lab and Brooklyn’s Brick Theatre. He recently directed and translated Alfred Jarry’s Ubu Roi and is currently working on a new version of The Rite of Spring /Le Sacre du Printemps/Весна священная.
Matthew is an actor, director, vocal coach and writer who with Miami's Camposition, A Miami Dance/Theatre Company was previously seen in several world premiers as a writer and a performer. Recently Matthew appeared as Bernard in GableStage's Romance (Best Supporting Actor, Best Of Miami 2007; Miami New Times and Best Comic Performance 2007; Miami's Sun Post.) Regionally he has worked at The American Living Room Theatre Festival, Coffee Clutch Playwriting Workshop(NYC), Miami Theatre Center, The New World Repertory Company, Miami Children's Theatre, The Rude Mechanicals, City Theatre, Area Stage Company, Acme Acting Company, Mad Cat Theatre Company, Gablestage , The (project) Theatre and once upon a time at the Florida Shakespeare Festival.
He is a member of The American Dramatists Guild, Voice and Speech Teacher Trainer’s Association (VASTA) and The Society of Stage Directors and Choreographers. He has taught at Nova Southeastern University, Barry University, Blue Dog, Universal Academy, Miami Dade College North and Kendall, Meek, New World School of the Arts and Florida International University. He is currently a member of the XVII Class of Fitzmaurice Voicework Certification and seeking out a teaching certification MICHA .
- 2014 Artistic Director of the Michael Chekhov Society, Miami Florida,
- 2012 Member of V.A.S.T.A. (Voice and Speech Teacher Trainer’s Association)
- 2012 Presented a movement class Out of Your Head and into Your Body: Psychological Gesture and the Monologue. The Florida Theatre Conference, Gainesville, Florida.
- 2012 Member of MICHA: Michael Chekhov Association.2011 Rookie Teacher of the Year Nomination - New World School of the Arts.
- 2011 Member of U.T.D. (United Teachers of Dade.)
- 2011 Member of F.E.A. (Florida Education Association.)
- 2011 Iranian Theatre Festival, Participant/Performer. Something Something Uber Alles by Assurbanipal Babilla, Brick Theatre, Brooklyn, New York.
- 2009 Sleepless Nights, Miami Beach, Participant, Performance Art Installation, The Beds.
- 2007 Miami Sun-post - voted Best Supporting Actor - Matthew Glass in Romance, Gablestage, Coral Gables, Florida.
- 2007 Miami New Times - voted Best Supporting Actor - Matthew Glass in Romance, Gablestage, Coral Gables, Florida.
- Acting 1 (TPP 1100)
- Acting 2 (TPP 2111)
- Acting 3
- Acting 4
- Theatre Appreciation (THE 2000)
- Theatre History
- Voice & Movement 1 (TPP1160)
- Public Speaking
- Accent Modification/Vocal Coaching