Department of Music, Theater and Dance
- Bachelor of Arts (Fine Arts/Drama) from Seattle University
- Master of Arts (Technical Direction and Lighting Design) from the University of South Dakota
- Master of Fine Arts (Theater Production Design) from the University of South Dakota
Professor Janet Roney is a full-time tenured member of the Music, Theater and Dance Department at the Miami Dade College Kendall Campus. She is the scenic and lighting designer for the college’s five annual theatric productions.
Prior to her arrival in Miami in January 2009, Ms. Roney studied and taught at colleges and universities around the country in such diverse areas as San Diego, Seattle, South Dakota, Connecticut, West Virginia and Nebraska. She has worded in professional theaters and summer stock companies in Seattle, Santa Clara California, Custer San Diego, Hartford, Houston and Durant Oklahoma. Her theatrical credits include more than 25 years of Technical Director and costume designer as well as scenic and lighting design.
- Theatre Appreciation (THE 2000)
- Stagecraft (TPA 1200)
- Lighting (TPA 1260)
- Introduction to Stage Management (TPA 2600)