Core Professional Pillars
Miami Dade College is seeking a president with outstanding leadership qualities, proven success leading dynamic complex organizations, and a demonstrated ability to build partnerships with key stakeholders. The successful candidate will have a proven professional track record demonstrating the following leadership talents:
- Leads Effectively – has a demonstrated ability to lead and manage a large, multi-site, complex organization and to work effectively with a governing board.
- Articulates Strategic Vision – is able to articulate a shared vision for the future of Miami Dade College, communicate the vision to the broader community, and execute on strategic priorities. Has an understanding of the disruption taking place in higher education and articulates a shared sense of direction for Miami Dade College to continue to rise to higher levels of excellence.
- Prioritizes Academic Excellence – supports, appreciates, and prioritizes academic excellence and student success and its importance to faculty, students, their families, and the broader community.
- Recognizes and Respects the Political Landscape – is politically astute and able to develop and maintain working relationships with national, state, and local government officials to advocate for Miami Dade College and its students.
- Demonstrates Fundraising Capabilities – is able to develop and cultivate relationships with potential donors and work with the Miami Dade College Foundation Board and staff to enhance the Foundation’s capital campaign.
- Values and Embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – champions viewpoint diversity and values civic education, academic freedom, and diverse perspectives that enable a respectful environment of free and open inquiry. Has an understanding and appreciation of the importance of all campuses having students, faculty, and staff from different perspectives and backgrounds where diverse views are not just permitted, but encouraged in a reasoned search for truth. Values having students, faculty, and staff who reflect South Florida’s unique multicultural landscape.
- Builds Partnerships – understands the role that Miami Dade College plays in the community, including workforce and economic development, and is able to develop innovative, synergistic partnerships with businesses and industries to enhance the college.
Other Relevant Experience and Desired Qualifications
- Understanding and appreciation of the unique multi-cultural diversity of the South Florida community
- Ability to build and develop a strong leadership team
- Possesses excellent communication skills, including but not limited to, verbal, written, and listening skills
- Demonstrated commitment to shared governance
- Data-informed decision-making and performance orientation that enhances student success
- Demonstrated record of successful partnerships and relationships with the business community, K-12 education, and community organizations
- Financial acumen, including a thorough understanding of financial statements and complex budgets
- Unwavering commitment to integrity and ethics
- Terminal degree from an accredited institution preferred
Nominations and Applications
The Presidential Search Committee will begin reviewing applications in January 2020 and will continue until the position is filled. For best consideration, application materials should be received by March 25, 2020.
Candidates are asked to provide a letter of interest, resume/curriculum vita, and the names of five professional references with email addresses and telephone numbers (references will not be contacted without prior written authorization from the candidate).
Applications and nominations should be sent electronically (PDF or MS Word format) to: MiamiDadePres@agbsearch.com.
The search is being assisted by:
Dr. Rod McDavis
Dr. Melissa K. Trotta
Associate Managing Principal