Attach supporting documentation that directly supports your personal statement. The supporting documentation should indicate both what occurred to prevent your meeting the standards of academic progress and when it occurred. Please ensure that your documentation supports each term affecting your progress. Some examples of supporting documentation in certain circumstances may include the following: Illness or injury to the student or student's parent, sibling, spouse or child could be supported with the following documentation:
- Letter on official letterhead signed by the attending physician stating the illness/injury and the services provided to the student, as well as related dates. The illness/injury must have occurred during the term for which this petition is requested.
- If the student suffered an accident, an official report of the occurrence such as a police report should be submitted as well.
- If illness/injury pertained to the student's parent, sibling, spouse or child, the student should provide proof of relationship to the ill/injured relative (i.e., birth certificate of the student's ill/injured child or student's marriage license to ill/injured spouse.
Involuntary work schedule change or transfer could be supported with the following documentation:
- Letter on official company letterhead signed by the employer/supervisor indicating student's original work schedule, effective date of schedule change, and the new work schedule.
- If the student was hired, terminated or transferred during the term for which the petition is requested, then the letter should state effective dates of employment, termination or transfer.
Jury duty or student's direct involvement with current legal action could be supported with the following documentation:
- Official record or written statement signed by the clerk of jury duty or legal action. Divorce documents and/or court records should also be submitted.
Death of the student's parent, sibling, spouse or child requires the following documentation:
- Copy of obituary/death certificate naming the deceased and proof of the student's relationship.
Involuntary call to active military duty could be supported with the following documentation:
- Copy of military orders or official documentation regarding your deployment