Emergency Medical Technician
The Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) program provides learning experiences that enable the student to acquire and assimilate the necessary technical competencies to function effectively as an EMT responding to medical emergencies in the pre-hospital environment.
An Emergency Medical Technician is the intermediate care practitioner in Emergency Medical Services. These individuals are the first to arrive on a scene and provide the initial assessment and direct patient care in the pre-hospital environment, as well as in emergency rooms, clinics, and ambulance services.
Lennar Scholarship Selection Process Criteria
- High school diploma or GED
- Must submit application to the program
- Have current MDC student number
- Proof of in-state residency
- Pass Accuplacer Exam or be college level in Reading, English, Math
- Pass a criminal background check
- Commit to finishing the program between Spring and Summer terms
- Attend mandatory orientation
Program is available for enrollment until the available spots are filled.