Test of English as a Foreign Language, Internet-based Test (TOEFL iBT)
The TOEFL iBT is an internet-based test that measures the examinees ability to use and understand English in a classroom setting at the college or university level. It evaluates how well examinees combine their listening, reading, speaking and writing skills to perform academic tasks.
There are two formats for the TOEFL:
- TOEFL iBT (internet-based test) is administered by computer and it's the preferred format used at MDC.
- TOEFL pBT (paper-based test) is administered by paper-pencil, but this format is not available at MDC.
The TOEFL is used for the following:
For more information regarding this assessment, please contact any of the Testing Departments listed below.
The following are links to resources for students to prepare for the TOEFL iBT:
TOEFL iBT Schedule:
||Examinees must be checked-in and seated by the time scheduled in order to begin the test. Examinees will then have adequate time to finish the test in a reasonable period or within the Testing Office Hours of Operation.
Auxiliary Aids and Modifications:
Under certain circumstances, arrangements for auxiliary aids and modifications are permissible. The College makes every reasonable effort to ensure equal access to educational opportunities and experiences for candidates with documented disabilities. These services can include:
- Sign language interpreters
- Adaptive or assistive technology
- Note takers
- and more
An ACCESS representative can help eligible candidates identify and arrange for accommodations that ensure success.
Instructions for Auxiliary Aids and Modifications:
- Candidate sends documentation to test vendor.
- Test vendor evaluates the candidate's documentation.
- Test vendor determines the candidate's test accommodations.
- Test vendor informs candidate of accommodations and schedules test.
- Test vendor informs Testing Center of candidate's accommodations and sends test materials for test day.
||Please contact the publisher for payment details.
||Testing fees are subject to change.
Reimbursement for Veterans:
Great news for veterans! The GI Bill offers reimbursement for veterans who take eligible tests, including CLEP and other tests offered at MDC. This means that eligible veterans may schedule a test with MDC, pay the testing fee, take the desired test available, and request reimbursement from the VA. For more information please visit the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website.
MDC administers the test at: