Alternative Placement Criteria for Dual Enrollment Students
Miami Dade College offers alternative measures for placement in ENC1101, MAT 1033 MGF 1107, higher level mathematics courses, and other college credit courses. Effective with the Fall 2022 registration period, the alternative placement criteria below is used for demonstrating college readiness. Please visit our Dual Enrollment Eligibility webpage for detailed information on dual enrollment eligibility requirements for students in grades 6-12 who are enrolled in Miami-Dade County public schools, participating private and charter schools, or home school.
Alternative Methods for Dual Enrollment Students
- Scores are valid for a maximum of two years.
- Scores may be on the Florida public high school transcript or on an official score report from the issuing entity.
- Use of course grades are limited to currently enrolled secondary school students.
- English and Math courses grades must be on the Florida public high school transcript to demonstrate college readiness. Exception note: Grades for AP, IB, and AICE may be from any high school transcript.
- Performance in high school coursework requires a student to have an unweighted high school GPA of 3.0 and a grade of 'B' or better in approved high school courses taught at a Florida Public High School or through AP, IB, Cambridge/AICE.
- MDC will only accept earned credit for course grades with an attribute of 1.0 units (courses attributed to 0.5 units do not meet the demonstration of college readiness).
Alternative Placement Criteria Guide for Dual Enrollment Students
*Courses designated for non-algebra track students.
- Placement in mathematics courses will be determined by the student's algebra or non-algebra track program of study.
- Students who wish to the use the alternative placement criteria to register for MAC1140 or equivalent/higher need to seek advisement from the math department prior to enrolling.
- Students may meet placement requirements as established in 6A-10.0315 Demonstration of Readiness for College-Level Communication and Computation with existing PERT, SAT, ACT or ACCUPLACER NG scores.
- Any combination of existing placement criteria and alternative methods may be used to meet college readiness.