Alternative Placement Criteria for Career Technical Education Clock Hours Student
Miami Dade College offers alternative measures for demonstrating readiness in Reading, Language Arts, and Mathematics. Effective with the Fall 2022 registration period, the alternative placement criteria below is used for demonstrating college readiness.
Alternate Methods for Career Technical Education Clock Hours Students
- Scores are valid for a maximum of two years.
- Scores may be on the Florida public high school transcript or on an official score report from the issuing entity.
- Use of course grades are limited to currently enrolled secondary school students and students who graduated from a high school within a two (2) year period.
- English and Math courses grades must be on the Florida public high school transcript to demonstrate college readiness. Exception note: Grades for AP, IB, and AICE may be from any high school transcript.
- Performance in high school coursework requires a student to have an unweighted high school GPA of 3.0 and a grade of 'B' or better in approved high school courses taught at a Florida Public High School or through AP, IB, Cambridge/AICE.
- MDC will only accept earned credit for course grades with an attribute of 1.0 units (courses attributed to 0.5 units do not meet the demonstration of college readiness).
- Any combination of existing exit criteria and alternative methods may be used to meet certificate readiness.