The Next Steps in Transitioning from MDC
As you approach graduation, you should have a much clearer view of your career path and be able to structure your transfer and/or workplace plans accordingly.
1. Complete your program of studies
Not sure if you are ready to graduate? Speak with your advisor, College Mentor, or log on to your student account and review your Academic Requirements in the MDC Academic Requirements Report to make sure you have completed all graduation requirements.
2. Complete your transfer admission process if that’s going to be part of your “life after MDC”
Be sure to visit the MDC Transfer Information site for a complete set of instructions for every step in the transfer process. It is very important that you verify the application deadlines of the institution(s) you are applying to. Most transfer applications are due between February-April for Fall classes and in September-October for Spring classes. However, many institutions only accept transfer students who wish to begin their studies in Fall Term. Check with schools about deadlines.
3. Speak with a career advisor at your transfer institution
- What kind of internship opportunities in my program of study are available?
- What kinds of career planning and job placement services do you offer?
4. Planning to join the workforce after your graduation from MDC?
Visit MDC Workforce Education and the MDC Career Exploration Resources page for more information.