Dade Enterprise Cloud Computing Initiative (DECCI) is a partnership with Amazon Web Services that aims to increase the number of certified cloud computing technicians from underrepresented minority groups to meet local and national workforce needs. The program is designed to provide fast-track training for students in Miami-Dade County ages 16 to 24, while strengthening existing career pathway programs at Miami Dade College.
For students interested in the area of cloud computing, the DECCI program will provide access to meaningful learning opportunities, including:
- Boot Camps
- Field trips
- Industry networking sessions
- College-level courses at Miami Dade College during the fall and spring semesters
- Preparation for industry certification exams
The summer boot camp is free and funded through the National Science Foundation Advanced Technological Education (ATE) program. However, space is limited, interested students must submit an application, a resume and a short essay explaining how participation in this year-long program will further their interest in cloud computing.
If you have questions about the program or want to learn more, please email email@example.com or call (305) 237-6484.
Check back here for the next application deadlines. Thinking ahead, you will need:
- Program application
- Resume (including specific technology courses/experiences/certifications) – one page
- Short essay that explains how participating in the program will further your interest in cloud computing (Please limit your response to a maximum of 250 words.)
- High school transcript
- Available to participate in at least two computer science programming activities during the academic year (Padrón, Kendall, Homestead, or Wolfson)