Virtual Talent Night
Whether you’re curious about studying fashion or know someone who is, don’t miss this free opportunity to get a taste of the fashion industry at a special event featuring three interactive workshops:
- Learn More About the Miami Fashion Institute
Presented by Professor Asanyah Davidson, MFI Chairpreson
5:00 p.m. - 5:20 p.m.
- What You Think You Know About Fashion
An interactive lecture covering the various jobs available in the fashion industry
Presented by Professor Alvarez, MFI Fashion Merchandising Insturctor
5:20 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Digital Mood Board
Digital Fashion Made Easy. Learn the basic tools to create fashion mood boards and color stories from your mobile phone. Download the "Over" App to get started… FREE at your fingertips
Presented by Stephanie Navarrete, MFI CAD Tutor
6:00 p.m - 6:40 p.m
- Create Your Own T-Shirt Bag
A short tutorial on creating a customized t-shirt from the comfort of your home.
Presented by Lauren Baccus, MFI Lab Manager
6:40 p.m - 7:20 p.m
- Old t-shirt – the thicker the fabric, the sturdier the bag
- Sharp scissors, preferably fabric scissors
- Washable marker (optional)
- Sewing machine, threaded any color (optional)
For more information, call MFI at 305-237-7007.
This event is open to high school juniors and seniors as well as students out of high school who are interested in attending MFI
Note: Younger students will need to have a guardian present.