Early Admission Program
Thank you for your interest in Miami Dade College's Dual Enrollment Program. Prior to competing the 6 steps listed below, please contact your secondary school counselor to initiate a Dual Enrollment and Test Referral Form. Counselors can initiate the Dual Enrollment and Test Referral Process below.
Start Dual Enrollment and Test Referral Process
Step 1: Apply for Admission
- Secondary School Student must apply for Dual Enrollment Admission at MDC.
- Once Admissions Application for Dual Enrollment/Early Admission has been processed - students will receive an assigned MDC ID Number
Here are your next steps:
Step 2: Provide College Placement Scores
- Public/Private/Charter School Counselor submits an electronic Dual Enrollment Program and Test Referral Form.
- A testing and assessment department representative at the campus/location where the student intends to test will process the form and allow the referred student to take the counselor's selected test. Student must schedule an online appointment to take a placement test in the test center or submit a Remote Testing Request Form.
- The appointment or the remote testing request will be matched with the referral form and processed for in-test center or technology supported proctoring. Students who are approved for remote testing will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how and when to schedule the exam.
- If students have college ready SAT/ACT scores, request for SAT/ACT scores to be sent electronically to MDC.
- If students have college ready PERT scores (from your high school), the Testing and Assessment Department at MDC can retrieve them from a repository.
Step 3: Complete the Dual Enrollment Program Form
Upon completion of the student's test administration and the subsequent score verification process, the student will be e- mailed an Early Admission Form via MDC's Adobe Sign Platform that must be completed and electronically signed. The student will be guided in this process. View this simple tutorial on how to use Adobe Sign.
- Students are responsible for completing Section 1 and Parts of section II and III. Please note that the Adobe Sign platform will direct students and help them complete each section.
- For section III, students can search for classes and sections at the registration site or by using the student portal
- Log into your student portal
- Click on "Search for Classes"
- Your secondary school counselor will approve course selections by initialing in the appropriate area of the form.
- Once students complete and sign the form, it will automatically be forwarded to the e-mail address of the student’s parent/guardian for signature.
- Once the parent/guardian signs, the form will be forwarded to the student’s secondary school counselor and principal for authorization.
Completing the Dual Enrollment Program Form
- Student: Completes section 1 & 3. Student’s signature is required in section 2
- Parent/Guardian: Signs in section 2 – authorizing student to participate in Early Admission
- Counselor: Approves courses in section 3 by initialing in the appropriate area as well as completes and signs section 4
- Principal: Signs in section 4 authorizing student’s participation in Early Admission
- Form is electronically returned to MDC
Step 4: Registration
- Once the Early Admissions Program Form is returned to MDC, our MDC Dual Enrollment Coordinator's will process the Early Admissions Program Form and register the student based on the courses that the student selected.
- MDC Dual Enrollment Coordinator will send the student an e-mail confirming enrollment.
Step 5: Textbook Processing
Miami Dade College in collaboration with Follett Higher Education (the College's textbook provider) has introduced an online ordering platform to help dual enrollment students order the necessary course materials. Please note that this process pertains to all students whose course materials are covered by Miami-Dade County Public Schools (M-DCPS) or Private/Charter school institutions who have a working relationship with the MDC Bookstores. For more information on Private/Charter school course materials, please contact your secondary school counselor.
Learn about the dual enrollment course materials ordering process.
Step 6: Save a Final Copy for Your Records
Once form is fully executed, all parties will receive a copy of the form for their records. This form will automatically be forwarded to Campus Admissions for filing.